During this time
These are tough times & we care about your health and wellbeing during this period of uncertainty and adversity.
During times of heightened stress, some people turn to alcohol and drugs to try to manage their stress and anxiety. Research has shown that the way our brains respond to alcohol when under increased stress is different and can lead to increases in bringing behavior. Over time this can have serious implications for our health and wellbeing.
If you need help we want you to know there are resources available. We are in this together and we will be back, stronger than ever.
The Office of Wellbeing coordinates the Wake Forest University Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) misuse prevention, education, and intervention program. The mission of the WFU AOD is to gain a greater understanding of the dynamics of alcohol and other drug misuse in our community, provide education, behavioral intervention and support, and resources to individuals and groups, and empower students to make healthy choices.
- Alcohol and other drug workshops and educational programs.
- Linkage to University Counseling Center services such as individual assessment and counseling as it relates to alcohol and other drug misuse.
- Multiple web-based resources: online screenings and assessments tools.
- Consultation to students, staff, and faculty on alcohol and other drug concerns.
- Referrals to campus and community support services.
- Support for students in recovery including our Collegiate Recovery Community
- Alcohol and other drug abuse prevention programming.